SBS-7600 2-K Nano-Ceramic Long Life Color Coats.
The SBS-7600 is an extremely UV resistant coating, creating a hard durable finish for industrial use.
SBS-7600 is self priming to most substrates* reducing time and labor required for application making it ideal for above the water line marine uses, architectural, industrial, agricultural and heavy service land based or offshore structures and equipment.
SBS-7600 is available in a wide range of standard colors, with custom colors available as well.
SBS-7600 is able be used with the SBS-520 primer to improve the adhesive bond to the difficult to bond to substrate materials and/or silicone contaminated surfaces.
SBS-7600 may also be used over tight rust by using SBS-1780 Rust-Tight coating
- Application method; Spray, roller, or brush.
- Power mix components SBS-7600 A & B together a to create a uniform consistency.
- Product is flammable, use appropriate mixing equipment and proper ventilation when working with this product. Review product SDS before working with this product.
- There is no induction time required before applying this product.
For Metal or non-ferrous surfaces;
- A clean and dry surface is always best, a white blast is preferred for metal surfaces, followed by the coating process, taking place as quickly as possible to prevent flash-rusting. If abrasive blasting is not possible, mechanical or use of a hand descaling brush to remove any loose rust scale or flaking paint, etc.
- Tight rust maybe seal-coated with SBS-1780 Rust-Tight, (refer to product TDS), then it may be top coated with the SBS-7600 series topcoat
For Gelcoat or composite surfaces;
- Be sure to clean the surface with a good cleaning solution, or sand to get a good prepared surface. Be sure to remove any oils, dust or other foreign matter
- The SBS-7600 series coating may also be top coated with the SBS-40 nano ceramic clear coat for extra protection from the elements.
Always pre-evaluate a new product and its application. Testing of the SBS-7600 should be on a sacrificial substrate piece, before using on a finished part, to be sure that the application technique is giving the desired result.
- Recommended spray nozzle orifice is 1.5 to 2.0mm.
- Recommended nozzle pressure is 0.3 to 0.4 MPa or 58psi
- It is recommended to apply the coating with the tack coat followed by the typical box coat application method to be assured of a uniform coating thickness.
- If spraying – apply in 50% overlapping passes to be assured of a holiday free coating.
- Tool clean up – use MEK or similar solvent.